14 February 2022 - Deadline of Registration
19 - 21 March 2022 - Youth Forums
Organizer: The Asian-Pacific Resource & Research Centre for Women (ARROW), Youth Leadership, Education, Advocacy and Development (YouthLEAD) and Youth Peer Education Network (Y-PEER) Asia Pacific Center
Event Type: Webinar
Where: Bangkok, Thailand (Virtual)
The annual APFSD Youth Forum is the dedicated space for young people from across Asia and the Pacific region working on diverse sustainable development issues to discuss and deliberate on the theme of APFSD every year. This year, the Youth Forum will be held in a hybrid modality depending upon the pandemic situation from 19-21 March 2022 with a theme, “Building back better from COVID-19 while advancing the full implementation of the 2030 Agenda in Asia and the Pacific with young people at the forefront of SDG Action.” This theme also resonates with the theme for the High-Level Political Forum on Sustainable Development (HLPF) 2022, “Building back better from the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) while advancing the full implementation of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development”, and the UN Economic and Social Council's (ECOSOC) 2022 session.
In addition, the forum will provide the space for an in-depth review of the following cluster of goals which will be reviewed by the HLPF in 2022: SDG 4 (Quality Education), 5 (Gender Equality), 14 (Life below water), 15 (Life on Land), and 17 (Partnerships for the Goals).
The outcomes of the APFSD Youth Forum, which is primarily the APFSD Youth Call to Action, will feed into the ECOSOC Youth Forum 2022, as well as the High-Level Political Forum 2022. At the same time, the outcomes of the youth forum will contribute to the APFSD intergovernmental fora outcomes, including engagements with Member States interventions. The Youth Call to Action will also contribute to national level follow up and review with governments in respective countries.
SELECTION CRITERIA :
1. Below 30 years of age.
2. Is progressive and believes in human rights-based approaches.
3. Demonstrates unique strengths in the application that is relevant to SDGs under review as part of 9th APFSD.
4. Shows understanding of SDGs at the country or regional level.
5. Individuals from marginalized / socially excluded groups, communities and applications from far to reach places will be prioritized to ensure diversity and inclusion in participation at the APFSD Youth Forum.
6. Considerations will also be given to the individuals who have been part of previous APFSD youth Forums and contributed to previous APFSD Call to Action OR have attended the intergovernmental APFSD in the past.
1. Application deadline: 14 February 2022 (12 midnight Bangkok, Thailand time)
2. Please mention if you require interpretation services in the application form. Conveners of the Youth Forum will try and accommodate your request to the best of our ability.
3. If you have any questions, contact us through firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. Youth Forum Flyer (Square)
2. Youth Forum Flyer (Portrait)