30 June 2023 - 21 July 2023
Type of Contract: Contract for Services (Institution/Organization)
Duration: August 2023 – May 2024 (10 months), tentatively
Deadline for submission (Extended): 21 July 2023, 1730 Bangkok time (GMT+7/Bangkok time)
Under the overall authority of the Director, UNESCO Multisectoral Regional Office in Bangkok, the overall supervision of the Chief of Section for Inclusive Quality Education, and the direct supervision/guidance of the Regional Advisor on Education for Health and Well-being, and working closely with relevant members of the Education for Health and Well-being Team (HWT), the contractor is expected to perform the following tasks:
1) Consult and co-create with youth leaders working in sexuality education, an overall approach to using the adapted AMAZE videos and companion lesson plans7 in the selected country(ies), by integrating these into existing sexuality education curriculum/ training materials being used by the organization, applying any updates to their sexuality education curriculum/ training materials where needed and relevant. The overall approach should include a work plan, targeted beneficiaries and a basic monitoring framework for project implementation;
2) Carry out a rapid mapping of the knowledge-, skills- and other capacity-needs to be strengthened among the local youth leaders working in sexuality education in the selected country(ies), so as to inform the integration (selection and placement) of the AMAZE videos and companion lesson plans (or some elements of these) within their organization’s existing sexuality education curriculum/ training materials, and the design of required training activities;
3) Design and deliver relevant at least one skills/capacity-building workshop for at least twenty local sexuality education youth leaders to address the needs identified in 2.2 above and to be able to deliver up-to-nine integrated AMAZE videos and companion lesson plans in formal or non-formal learning environments and through in-person or hybrid teaching and learning approaches, as appropriate;
4) Together with the local sexuality education youth leaders, deliver up-to-nine integrated videos with lesson plans as curriculum-support materials in partnership with teachers, schools, communities or local youth networks;
5) Provide overall coordination of, and implementation support to the local sexuality education youth leaders in the delivery of their co-designed approach for rolling out the integrated AMAZE videos and companion lesson plans in 2.1 and 2.4 above;
6) Track and document the progress of implementation by the local sexuality education youth leaders of their activities through routine monitoring reports, stories or other means, capturing project reach and results in digital and non-digital formats (eg social media engagement; event participation lists etc);
7) Design and deliver a learning exchange involving the local sexuality education youth leaders in the respective southeast Asian country(ies) to share the achievements, challenges and lessons learned in carrying out project activities 2.1 through 2.6 above, and identify any further refinements needed to their existing curriculum/training materials for effective integration of the AMAZE videos and companion lesson plans, as appropriate.
For more information, please refer to the attached file below.