National Benchmarks on Indicators for SDG 4
Sub-Regional Orientation Meeting on Establishing National Benchmark Values for the SDG 4 Indicators
Purpose and Objective
The key purpose of the meeting is to update Member States on the progress of the global and regional processes in establishing the regional and national benchmarks for the seven SDG 4 indicators. Furthermore, the meeting is meant to orientate Member States on the process of establishing national benchmark values. The specific objectives of the meeting are:
- To familiarize participants with the benchmark indicators and their methodologies and data sources;
- To present and discuss the process of establishing national benchmark values for SDG 4 indicators; and
- To draw an action plan to support countries in establishing their national benchmark values.
The key outcomes of the meeting are expected to be:
- A clear understanding among the participants for the SDG 4 benchmark indicators, including their methodologies and data sources;
- An understanding among the participants for the process of establishing national benchmark values as wells as for completing the provided benchmark templates;
- A draft action plan on country support strategies in order to establish the national benchmarks.
The orientation meeting with member states from different sub-regions on establishing the national benchmark values for SDG 4 Indicators will take place virtually from 6-10 September 2021.
|Date and Time
8 September 2021
9 September 2021
|South East Asia
10 September 2021