Date and Time:
27 July 2021, 9:00 AM – 11:00 AM (BST/United Kingdom time)
27 July 2021, 3:00 PM – 5:00 PM (GMT+7/Bangkok time)
Event Type: Side Event Meeting
The Asia Pacific Learning and Education 2030+ Networking Group (AP-LE2030+) will hold ‘Responding to Continuous Disruptions to Education – Reflections and Solutions’ to propose a way forward to the latest phase of the COVID-19 crisis in the Asia region as a side-event at the Global Education Summit: Financing GPE 2021-2025.
This side event would first present the key findings from the COVID-19 situation analysis on Education in East, Southeast and South Asia, highlighting commonalities and variations across sub-regions, and provide recent updates. Secondly, leveraging the collaborative work of the Networking Group at the regional level, the proposed themes would include safely reopening schools, learning recovery (remediation) and effective preparation for future disruptions through adapted continuity of learning solutions (hybrid/flexible learning). This would then be contextualized by highlights of promising practices at country level presented by representatives of Ministries of Education from selected countries.
The key expected outcome of the session will be a deeper understanding of potential, practical yet strategic responses to mitigate the effects of COVID-19 and school disruption on learning in the short term linked to longer term aspirations and goals.
The event is organized by UNESCO Asia and Pacific Regional Bureau for Education, UNICEF East Asia and the Pacific Regional Office (EAPRO) and the Regional Office for South Asia (ROSA), using a blend of plenary and group work sessions, virtual tools, and breakout room discussions to ensure a highly interactive session.
- Education policymakers and planners from the Asia-Pacific region and beyond engaged in the COVID-19 response;
- Other agencies and institutions involved in the COVID-19 response; and
- the Asia-Pacific Network for Learning and Education 2030+ and sub-groups.
- The impact of COVID-19 and the COVID-19 response on education in Asia – highlights of a regional situation analysis
- A proposed response to the recent waves of COVID-19 on Education in Asia
- Challenges and responses to COVID (Country specific approaches in South Asia around distance learning and remediation)
- Rethinking; Reframing; Restrategizing Bridge Learning Gaps – Sri Lankan Experience
- From Recovery to Future Education Educational Response to COVID-19 in The Republic of Korea
- Sharing from Indonesia: Education Service Provision during Pandemic
For more information, please contact:
Asia-Pacific Learning and Education 2030+ Networking Group