Audience: Government officials, development partners, ICT experts from Central Asia and beyond, other education stakeholders or interested participants
Languages: English and Russian
Geographical Scope: Central Asia
This year’s CASIE (2020) is organized virtually in light of COVID-19, with the theme “ICT-enabled Skills Development in Rural and Remote Areas Impacted by COVID-19 in Central Asia and Beyond”. This is a particularly pertinent issue in Central Asia, as more than half of the region’s population (57.5%) resides in rural areas, according to the World Bank. The pandemic has dramatically affected the continuity of education, delivery, quality and skills development, and more so for learners and teachers in rural and remote areas.
- Webinar 1 (25 September 2020): ICT-enabled distance education opportunities for students and teachers in the context of COVID-19 (Eng),(Rus)
1. Overview of Central Asian countries’ experiences and responses to COVID-19, particularly in supporting teachers and students in rural/remote areasRepublic of Kazakhstan (Eng), (Rus)
Kyrgyz Republic (Eng), (Rus)
Republic of Tajikistan (Eng), (Rus)
Republic of Uzbekistan (Eng), (Rus)
2. Inter-government partnership to support national ICT in Education development in Central Asia (Mr Jaewon Cho, Programme Officer, KERIS) (Eng), (Rus)
3. Systematic teacher support & public-private partnerships for underprivileged students in Republic of Korea (Dr Sanghyun Jang, Director, Higher Education, Academic Research, International Cooperation Department, KERIS to present on behalf of the Korean Ministry of Education) (Eng), (Rus)
- Webinar 2 (7 October 2020): Open and distance education to promote learning and skills development throughout life (Eng), (Rus)
1. Addressing digital competence challenges through DigComp and related European digital competence frameworks and tools (Mr Alessandro Brolpito, Senior Specialist in Digital Skills and Learning, European Training Foundation) (Eng), (Rus)
- Webinar 3 (23 October 2020): Relevant educational content and OER for skills development.