Join us as we take stock of the current education situation in the times of COVID-19 and its implications on the financing of education.
About this Event
The Asia South Pacific Association for Basic and Adult Education (ASPBAE) cordially invites you and your organisation to the Regional Conference on “Education Financing: Challenges in the Context of the COVID-19 Pandemic” that will be held virtually on 16 June 2020, 07:00 to 09:45 GMT (03:00 to 05:45 PM, PST).
Envisaged as a platform for sharing, learning and also of planning, the event will gather ASPBAE members, national education coalitions, representatives from academia, human rights organisations, development partners, government agencies, international NGOs and UN agencies to assess the current education situation amidst the global COVID-19 pandemic, exchange experiences, and reimagine the ways forward given the implications on the financing of education.
The lessons from the regional webinar will serve as valuable input to scale up and better organise advocacy actions to protect education budgets, ensuring that education is part of recovery programmes, and equitable and inclusive quality education systems are in place.
Featuring the following speakers:
‣ Ms. Maria Lourdes Almazan Khan, ASPBAE Secretary General - Welcoming Remarks and Session I Chair
‣ Dr. Manos Antoninis, Director, Global Education Monitoring Report (GEMR) on the “Implications of COVID-19 on Financing of and Equity in Education”
‣ Ms. Maki Hayashikawa, Section Chief for Inclusive Quality Education, UNESCO Bangkok on “The Impact on Education of COVID-19 in the Asia Pacific Region, Issues and Challenges”
‣ Government Representative (TBC) on “Country Challenges in Financing Education to Achieve SDG 4 and Address the Impact of COVID-19.”
‣ Ms. Cecilia "Thea" Soriano, ASPBAE Programmes and Operations Coordinator- Session II Chair
‣ Mr. Rene Raya, ASPBAE Lead Policy Analyst on “Education as Part of the National Stimulus Package”
‣ National Education Coalition Representatives from 2 countries on “Advocating to Protect Education Budgets”
‣ Ms. Nguyen Thi Kim Anh, ASPBAE Executive Council Member- Vote of Thanks and Closing Remarks
Date And Time
Tue, June 16, 2020
2:00 PM - 4:45 PM ICT
Add to Calendar
Please click here to register for the event.
*Photo used in the event image by “All for Education!” National Civil Society Coalition in Mongolia